Ever since USA Baseball, the United States national governing body for the sport of baseball, adopted the USABat Standard, everyone has been waiting for the new youth baseball bats. On September 1, 2017, the new USA Baseball bats were unveiled.
As a reminder, the USABat Standard will go into affect on January 1, 2018. If your youth player plays in AABC, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken, Dixie, Little League, or PONY, then they will need a new youth bat with the official USA Baseball stamp. USSSA will not adopt the USABat Standard. Other key points, USABat will not have a drop weight limit, and USA Baseball will allow the use of 2 5/8" big barrel bats for all age levels.
Now, with Rawlings, Easton, and Mizuno being the first bat manufacturers to roll out new USA Bat bats, here are some new releases to know about:
Technical, powerful, and beautiful. Don't let the bat's name scare you. Featuring a standard 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter, this drop 10 bat starts with the exclusive Dynamic Feel System. The proven CONNEXION+ technology combines with carbon construction to offer a best-in-class performance, unbeatable durability, and a smooth feel on contact. Other features of the Ghost X baseball bat include:
- 1.4mm HYPERSKIN Grip pre-wrapped for unmatched comfort.
- New Engineering X Advanced Carbon Technology uses exact composite for better vibration reduction.
- Recommended for both power and contact hitters.
- Two-piece, fully composite baseball bat.
- X-tended barrel design gives the Ghost X the longest composite barrel in baseball.
One of the loudest and most balanced bats in the business. Starting with the acoustic alloy, the Rawlings VELO offers insane balance while generating faster swing speeds. Rawlings utilizes a lasered groove through the sweet spot that helps increase barrel flexibility for superior pop. Other features of the Rawlings VELO baseball bat include:
- High-performance straight wall barrel optimizes exit speed.
- Precision Laser pOp 2.0 increases barrel flex for superier pop.
- Tackified, synthetic bat grip deilvers more control.
- One-piece, hybrid baseball bat.
- Tru-View technology reveals 100% aluminum alloy composition.
Starting with the HotMetal alloy barrel that is brought together with the Black Onyx Carbon composite handle by the patented 2-piece LINK technology to dramatically reduce negative vibrations, the Mizuno Covert is also pre-wrapped with a Speed-Helix grip for added comfort. Operation Improve Your Batting Average can start here. Other features of the Mizuno Covert include:
- 2-piece LINK construction combines ultimate performance and vibration reduction.
- Balanced swing weight for increased swing speeds.
- CorTech adjusts wall thickness to create a massive sweet spot.
- Two-piece, hybrid baseball bat.
- Optimized end cap extends the sweet spot for more pop.
Highlight your season the Quatro. If you're a contact hitter who can handle a longer barrel, the Quatro is a perfect fit for you. While it does have an extended barrel construction for more plate coverage, a newly designed lightweight end cap reduces unnecessary weight towards the end of the barrel which helps increase overall swing speed and control through the zone. Other features of the Rawlings Quatro baseball bat include:
- Balanced swing weight.
- Carbon fiber composite barrel provides premium pop and further ball flight.
- Newly designed lightweight end cap reduces swing weight for more control.
- Four-piece, composite baseball bat.
- Vibration dampening technology (VDT) creates incredibly smooth feel at impact.
Loud. Powerful. Brute strength. The successor of the Easton Z-CORE baseball bats is the Easton Beast X Hybrid. The Advanced Thermal Construction, also known as ATAC alloy, is the backbone of this model and the reason behind its explosive sound, premium power, and invincible strength. Other features of the Easton Beast X baseball bat include:
- 1.4mm HYPERSKIN grip increases cushioning.
- 29/32 inch EXACT carbon handle helps decrease negative feedback.
- CONNEXION+ technology enhances durability while eliminating sting.
- Two-piece, hybrid baseball bat.
- X-tended barrel design uses Z-CORE internal core technology for a superior sweet spot.
What do you think of the new USA Baseball approved youth bats? Thoughts on the youth baseball bat standard? Leave a comment below.
If you ever have any baseball bat or USA Baseball approved bats related questions, we're available 24/7. You can reach us via telephone at 866-321-2287, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can click here to live chat. Remember, we'll be here for you from click to hit!