What is the best wood bat out there? Is there a wood baseball bat I should know about? What wood bat are you using?
So many questions, when the real question is What are the best 2017 wood baseball bats?
Based on customer feedback, reviews from players, and input from coaches, JustBats.com has compiled the seven (7) best wood bats for 2017. These baseball bats are in no particular order.
The handle of an AXE bat is designed like the handle of an actual ax to provide optimal control and grip of the bat. The asymmetrical handle is engineered to help hitters stay on the correct swing plane. This bat is unique in that to prevent breakage, AXE crafted the bat out of hard maple wood and made the handle out of a composite material.
Other key features of the AXE Maple Composite Bat include:
- 120-day Manufacturer's Warranty.
- BBCOR Certified, so it's approved for High School and Collegiate play.
- Hard maple barrel.
- Patented AXE grip; ergonomically designed for better control, bat speed, comfort, and safety.
- Composite handle to prevent breakage.
Every Marucci wood bat is cut, calibrated, balanced, buffed, and lacquered by hand. This ensures a high-quality wood bat. At the fraction of the cost, Marucci now provides a bat that meets Major League Baseball specifications. This model is not a blem bat, even though pro players had the chance to swing (Note: this bat comes with no warranty).
Other key features of the Marucci Pro Cut wood bat include:
- Handcrafted from top-quality ash wood.
- Bone rubbed to close pores and compress wood to make it harder.
- May be any turn model Marucci manufactures.
- Professional Cuts are pulled from production because they did not meet Marucci's high standards.
- Recommended for batting practice or cage hitting.
New for 2017, Mizuno is providing a great looking wood baseball bat crafted out of rock hard, hand-selected, high-quality maple. The Elite series has bigger barrel designs, an increased sweet spot, and light weight premium materials. As a cherry on top of the cake, the Elite Maple wood bat comes with the exclusive Supra-Helix grip that provides top notch comfort and added durability.
Other key features of the Mizuno Elite Maple bat include:
- Balanced swing weight.
- Cupped end helps reduce unnecessary weight and improve balance.
- Exclusive Supra-Helix grip provides unmatched comfort.
- New bigger barrel design with an increased sweet spot.
- Rich professional furniture grade finish.
Exclusive to JustBats.com for the 2017 season, this is a limited edition design that is modeled after Dustin Pedroia's game day bat. The ProPACT finish helps alleviate the break-in process and hardens the wood through substantial compression. So, exclusivity, the quality from Victus, and the patented grip from AXE. Perfect.
Other key features of the Victus ProPACT bat include:
- Dustin Pedroia game day model.
- Balanced swing weight and black finish.
- Cupped end to improve balance.
- Patented AXE grip - ergonomically designed for better control, bat speed, comfort, and safety.
- Pro quality maple wood.
The Pro Maple series is made up of rock hard maple wood that is handcrafted in the USA. Easton's high-quality maple wood provides an increased exit velocity and exceptional durability for a long lasting wood baseball bat with top notch performance. Featuring a 271 turn model, this Easton bat is perfect for contact hitters who prefer a lighter swing weight.
Other key features of the Easton Pro 271 bat include:
- Cupped end provides a very balanced feel.
- Enhanced exit velocity and insane durability.
- Medium barrel and medium handle.
- Rock hard maple wood handcrafted in the United States.
- Brown / black colorway.
The newest feature of all the MLB Prime models is the brand-new EXO ARMOR, which is a cutting-edge top coat that doubles an already hard surface. This allows the player to immediately notice a first-rate feel and unparalleled sound upon contact. Curtis Granderson's game-day model is one of the hardest wood bats in the game; and harder means farther.
Other key features of the Louisville Slugger M110 bat include:
- Curtis Granderson game-day model bat.
- MLB approved pro ink dot certified for slope of grain.
- Most balanced swing weight.
- Large barrel with a cupped end.
- Bone rubbed to close pores and make the wood harder.
Dinger bats and Chicago Cubs' Kyle Schwarber teamed up to create this limited edition wood bat. While the KS-10 model was customized by Schwarber, it's slightly end loaded swing weight and large barrel is perfect for any power hitter. The exquisite black with natural colorway is a plus, but the handcrafted bat out of Ridgway, Illinois ensures high quality and dependability.
Other key features of the Dinger Schwarber bat include:
- Kyle Schwarber's limited edition World Series bat.
- A portion of proceeds benefit TGEN Foundation.
- Ink dot certification for MLB approval.
- Slightly end loaded swing weight with a traditional knob.
- Professional maple wood.
Have you swung any of these bats? What have you heard about them? Leave a comment below and tell us which wood bat you're swinging or are planning on swinging and why. Or, if you're looking reviews on wood models from past and present, check out these bat reviews.
If you have any additional questions or requests, give our Customer Coaches a call at (866) 321-2287, shoot them an email at [email protected], or click here to live chat! Remember, we're here for you from click to hit!