In July 2016, Performance Sports Group (PSG) announced a restructing of its baseball and softball segment. In doing so, CEO Harlan Kent said, "We believe it is in the best interest of our company, customers and shareholders to streamline our baseball/softball business uner a single infrastructure to better focus our efforts on creating the most innovative products while maximizing our financial results."
When the dust settled, the company that produced the beloved "for players, by players" COMBAT brand was gone.
The fallout meant the following:
- COMBAT facilities in Ottawa, Ontario and Kent, Washington were closed.
- Easton absorbed PSG / COMBAT with an intention to relaunch.
- Cease sales of COMBAT bats, except for the COMBAT MAXUM bat series.
The news was alarming for bat afocinados, but not a surprise for the bat industry. PSG acquried COMBAT Sports Group in 2013 and already owned Easton. In an effort to restructure debt and streamline brands, PSG opted to consolidate their baseball / softball product offerings under the strong Easton brand. So, now what?
Through close relationships with our partners, JustBats.com is able to exclusively sell the 2018 COMBAT baseball bats. And, the bats have the same seamless construction in a one-piece, composite that fans have grown to love. Want to see other JustBats.com exclusives?
When the news that COMBAT would no longer be making baseball bats started, JustBats.com immediately went to work. We are now the exclusive sellers of 2018 COMBAT bats. The MAXUM lineup is the most popular, due to the hitting surface that is 20-40% larger in comparison to competitor models. Other features of the BBCOR model include:
- -3 length to weight ratio.
- 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter.
- BBCOR certified for high school and college play.
- 30 day money back guarantee, as well as a full twelve (12) month warranty.
- Hot out of the wrapper performance.
- Insanely balanced swing weight.
- See other features of the BBCOR COMBAT MAXUM.
This youth big barrel baseball bat does not have the USABat stamp. However, it will still be eligible for 2018 play in USSSA and AAU. Like other MAXUM offerings, this bat has a seamless construction design. No seams, no dead spots, and a perfectly tuned bat that results in a ultra-consistent, hot out of the wrapper performance. Other features of the Big Barrel model include:
- -11 length to weight ratio.
- 2 3/4 inch barrel diameter.
- 20-40% larger hitting surface compared to competitors.
- Lizard Skins Grip comes pre-wrapped for enhanced comfort and reduced vibration.
- One-piece, composite baseball bat.
- Seamless construction allows for uniform strength and premium performance.
- See other features of the Big Barrel COMBAT MAXUM.
Easton's goal is to continue COMBAT's innovation via future baseball bat and softball bat offerings. What do you think of COMBAT joining forces with Easton?
Whether you're looking for COMBAT bats or have bat questions, you can always give our knowledgeable Customer Coaches a call at 866-321-2287, email them at email@example.com, or click here to live chat! Remember, we'll be here for you from click to hit!