USA Baseball, the national governing body for the sport of baseball in the United States, has announced the first member of their decertified bats list. Effective May 3rd, 2018, USA Baseball has banned the Easton Ghost X (YBB18GX10). Their ban only applies to the 30" / 20 ounce option and the leagues that are affected include AABC, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, Dixie Youth, Little League, and PONY Baseball. The 28-29" and 31-32" Easton Ghost X USA Bat lengths are still approved for play and ready to rock.
What does this ban mean for you? Is your Easton Ghost X now illegal? Are you eligible for a free replacement? The team at JustBats.com is here for you and has outlined everything you need to know about the USA Baseball banned bats list.
Here are some initial resources to learn more about USA Baseball's decision:
- The banned USA baseball bat: 2018 Easton Ghost X (30" / 20 Ounce ONLY)
- USA Baseball's official statement in regard to the 30-inch Easton Ghost X decertification
- Easton's news release on the decertified Easton Ghost X
- Everything you need to know about the USA Bat Standard
- USA Baseball's approved bat list
USA Baseball also put out a news release and stated, "If any of these bats are used during competition, it should be considered an illegal and non-compliant bat, and subject to league rules concerning the use of illegal or unapproved bats. Coaches and team administrators are encouraged to check their team's bats and withhold these bats from play. League administrators should share this information with their umpires."
Per Easton's official statement, here's what they're offering if you purchased one of these bats:
- All questions and return requests should be directed to Easton's customer service at email@example.com or via telephone at 844-531-7079
- They will provide you with a mailing label that covers the cost of shipping the banned bat back to them.
- Once they receive the decertified bat at their warehouse, a $500 electronic voucher will be emailed to you that's eligible for use on any product at Easton.com, with free shipping.
- If you decide that you want to keep your 30" Ghost X, you must inform Easton so that they can send you a permanent, non-removable sticker to cover up the USA Baseball certified stamp.
To recap and alleviate any confusion, JustBats.com will continue to sell the 2018 Easton Ghost X (-10) USA Baseball Bat because this ban only applies to the size 30" option. If you need a new 30" USA Bat, the following are JustBats.com's customer recommendations for potential replacements:
Easton's other flagship design, the Beast X, is a one-piece ATAC alloy construction with the strongest and most powerful barrel to date. The aluminum construction provides a more traditional feel at contact and Easton has also utilized their Z-CORE internal core for a huge sweet spot.
With the same two-piece, 100% composite construction, the CF Zen is the most similar in regard to composition when comparing it to the Easton Ghost X. DeMarini's newly developed Paraflex barrel delivers a 22% increase in strength vs previous year models.
While the Easton Ghost X is a balanced bat, the Louisville Slugger Select 718 is on the opposite end of the spectrum with an end loaded swing weight. Perfect for power hitters, this two-piece hybrid design also comes pre-wrapped with a custom Lizard Skin grip for the ultimate in comfort and control.
Most famous for the Acoustic Alloy, this Rawlings VELO provides proof in the ping! As one of the most balanced USA baseball bats in the game today, this model is guaranteed to help increase your players' swing speeds.
What do you think of USA Baseball's decision to ban the 30" Easton Ghost X? Have you been affected? Let us know in the comments.
Remember, if you ever have any additional questions or concerns, our Customer Coaches are available via phone at 866-321-BATS, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can click here to live chat. Don't forget, with our 24/7 customer service, we'll be here for you from click to hit!